Followup: Science Fair 2011

Colin's science fair project began back in mid-February. For more than 30 days he measured the lift of a declining number of helium balloons. Then he plotted a graph for each balloon's lift over time and made a bar chart comparing how long each one remained aloft. Three of the mylar balloons lasted longer than the experiment!


This week was the actual fair and I had to be out of town for work. I tried to help get the display to a finished state before leaving, but failed. Mom, and even his babysitter stepped in to get it all done! His display includes all the logs and charts, pictures of the process, and even the remaining balloons.

I'm pleased to say that he did great and impressed the judges with his hard work. I'm so proud that he stuck with it.


And I didn't get dinged for being too helpful!